These are songs I made throughout 2019 and they, for the most part, have something to do with my childhood.
Let me explain by going through the tracklist:
- Home - home is where you begin your childhood, so yeah.
- Respect Each Other - this song samples a quote from Remember The Titans, one of my favorite childhood movies.
- Tonee Hock - I played a ridiculous amount of Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 growing up.
- Can't Sit Down - oh, to have the energy of a child where you literally can't stay in one place for too long.
- The Space Between You And Me - I would get homesick a lot, so maybe this title is from my subconscious.
- Speak My Language - language (y'know, speaking) didn't really come naturally to me when I was younger.
- As A Kid - the ending quote ("As a kid, I always wanted to be a cop") represents the big dreams we all have as children.
- 1999 - the year I was 9.
- From Long Ago - I wrote this melody/arrangement when I was just getting into music (and I'm glad I held onto it).
- Can We Still Be Friends? - the childhood hierarchy or friends was the most stressful thing back then.
I hope you enjoy this! I sure enjoyed making it.
If you'd like these blog posts sent right to your inbox PLUS early access to music and any other big news with me, you can join here.